In the event of heavy snow or severe weather conditions, we will always endeavour to keep school open – closing the school is not a decision taken lightly. Our first priority however should always be to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, pupils and parents. In making the decision to close, we must give consideration to the following:
- Availability of staff – has the severe weather meant that a significant number of staff have been unable to attend making it impossible to open
- Health and Safety – will remaining open constitute a significant risk to pupils and/or staff?
Once the decision has been taken to close the school we will do everything we can to ensure that parents and pupils get the message as soon as possible. We will:
- Contact BBC Radio Leicester at the earliest opportunity. The BBC will then broadcast details of the closure on their web pages and in their regular on air bulletins – parents are advised to listen to BBC radio Leicester bulletins or to look at the BBC radio Leicester web site for details of school closures – http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/leicester/hi
- Send out texts to all parents to notify them of the closure
- Put school closure information onto the website