SCHOOL OPEN 12TH DECEMBER
Dove Bank Primary School will be open tomorrow, Tuesday 12th December. Please take care when travelling to school in icy conditions.
SCHOOL CLOSED – Monday 11th December 2017
Like numerous schools in Leicestershire, Dove Bank Primary School is closed today (Monday 11th December 2017) due to the risk of injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces and potentially hazardous journeys for staff, parents and pupils.
Whist we appreciate the difficulty and inconvenience caused to families, the safety of all is paramount in these adverse weather conditions.
We anticipate that school will be open on Tuesday 12th December.
Today’s Nativity performances will be re-scheduled – details will be circulated tomorrow via text/email.
In the event of heavy snow or severe weather conditions, we will always endeavour to keep school open – closing the school is not a decision taken lightly. Our first priority however should always be to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, pupils and parents. In making the decision to close, we must give consideration to the following:
- Availability of staff – has the severe weather meant that a significant number of staff have been unable to attend making it impossible to open
- Health and Safety – will remaining open constitute a significant risk to pupils and/or staff?
Once the decision has been taken to close the school we will do everything we can to ensure that parents and pupils get the message as soon as possible. We will:
- Contact BBC Radio Leicester at the earliest opportunity. The BBC will then broadcast details of the closure on their web pages and in their regular on air bulletins – parents are advised to listen to BBC radio Leicester bulletins or to look at the BBC radio Leicester web site for details of school closures – http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/leicester/hi
- Send out texts to all parents to notify them of the closure
- Put school closure information onto the website