All in-class elections have been completed, and each class now has at least two school council representatives.
School Council News
Ideas and suggestions from class councils are brought to full school councils meetings twice a month, enabling pupil views, on a wide range of matters, to be taken into consideration.
As your School Council, we promise to:
- Listen to your ideas, concerns and worries.
- Always wear our badges so you can find us if you ever need us.
- Attend our weekly meetings to ensure we are always working on the projects you want.
- Work with Mrs Heath, Mrs Shields and the governors to make sure your ideas are heard and actioned.
Latest Projects …
- School Council were consulted on the Behaviour Policy as it was up for review. They did not feel that any changes were needed but have requested that ‘Hot Chocolate Fridays’ get up and running again as soon as possible as a treat for well behaved children.
- Staff and pupils will again be raising money for Children in Need in style and School Council plan to run a Pudsey colouring competition and ‘Name the Bear’ event, as usual. For £1 pupils are invited to wear their own clothes, but should come to school with crazy hair, or in a hat.
- Our ‘Christmas Jumper Day’ proved to so popular that School Council are already planning on doing it again this year. All money will be donated to ‘Save the Children’.
- School Council have written letters to Lego to see if they would be kind enough to donate some playsets for ‘inclusion’ in Literacy, as requested by Mrs Wallis.
We are very proud of our School Council. They are wonderful ambassadors for our school!