At Dove Bank Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We offer different levels of support:
Whole-school Support – To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. For instance developing resilience for all.
Additional support – For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
Targeted support – For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as wellbeing groups or personal mentors.
The support we offer for children’s emotional well-being and mental health?
- To support children’s social and emotional development, and their well-being we offer a wide range of clubs– all with a view to increasing the range of experiences that children have, enabling them to make informed choices for adult life. Activities are designed to be fun and cater for a wide variety of interests.
- We monitor the wellbeing of our disadvantaged and vulnerable children.
- We include World Mental Health Day and Mental Health Awareness Week in the school calendar and plan activities for the whole school community.
- The school is committed to gaining a fuller understanding of mental health and supporting the needs of identified children. We are very proud to be working towards the national Mental Health Award.
- As a school, we have and continue to access outside help and support for pupils when required.
If you would like to find out more please click on the links shared below: