As a maintained school – that is, one that is still part of the Local Authority – we follow the LA admissions policy.
To secure a place in any school, all parents need to complete an on-line application form which can be accessed from the Local Authority admissions page:
Where applications exceed the approved admission number, the Governors reserve the right to refuse admission on the grounds that to admit children in excess of the approved admission number would prejudice the provision of efficient education or the efficient use of resources. Parents are advised that priority is given to pupils who live in the school catchment area but this in itself does not guarantee a place.
Parents who wish to view the school are warmly invited to contact the school office or Headteacher to arrange a mutually convenient time.
For full details about the school’s admission arrangements, please visit the Local Authority website by clicking the link below:
Procedures for admission into the Reception Year Group
Our Admission number for Reception children for September has been agreed by Governors as 15 pupils .
The closing date for first time admissions is January.
There is one point of entry – September, at the beginning of the Autumn term, for all reception children who have their 5th birthday between 1st September and 31st August. You register your child through the local authority, Leicestershire, on line.
An excellent induction programme has been established for the children and their parents before starting at the school:
- An open evening for parents of all children due to start reception in September is held prior to the beginning of the autumn term, usually in June. This includes a personal tour of the school and an opportunity to view some of the activities that pupils will become involved in. Parents are given a Dove Bank Welcome Pack to inform them of key policies and practices.
- We also give you and your child the opportunity to ‘drop-in’ and spend three morning sessions with us in order to build up familiarity with the school.
- Staff will visit all ‘feeder’ pre-school settings.
- Pupils stay in school full-time from their very first day to ensure that they settle into routines as quickly as possible.
- Class buddies in Year 1 are asked to help new pupils settle in and find their way around the school.
- New pupils are given a Welcome to School pack and an ‘All About Me’ booklet.
Procedures for admission into other year groups or mid-term transfers
All admissions, including mid-term transfer requests (in-catchment included) will be co-ordinated through the School Admissions Service for approval before admission takes place.
Before applying, parents are encouraged to contact the school to discuss place availability and/or to arrange a visit. If you then wish to send your child to the school, you can complete the Local Authority’s online Common Application Form. The application will be processed by the Local Authority, who will notify you of any decision in due course.