Congratulation to Milarna in Y6, who has been elected by pupils to undertake the role of School Council President for this year. She will be very well supported by Ethan who was elected as Vice-Presidents. No doubt the duo will run School Council very competently and come up with some great ideas for fundraising and further school improvement.
All in-class elections have been completed, and each class now has at least two school council representatives.
Ideas and suggestions from class councils are brought to full school councils meetings each half term, enabling pupil views, on a wide range of matters, to be taken into consideration.
As your School Council, we promise to:
- Listen to your ideas, concerns and worries.
- Always wear our badges so you can find us if you ever need us.
- Attend our weekly meetings to ensure we are always working on the projects you want.
- Work with Mrs Heath, Mrs Shields and the governors to make sure your ideas are heard and actioned.
Latest Projects …
- School Council were consulted on the Behaviour Policy as it was up for review. They did not feel that any changes were needed but have requested that ‘Hot Chocolate Fridays’ get up and running again as soon as possible as a treat for well behaved children.
- The tuck-shop will soon be up and running. Like last year, we are hoping to make a good profit.
- Staff and pupils will again be raising money for Children in Need in style and School Council plan to run a Pudsey colouring competition and ‘Name the Bear’ event, as usual. For £1 pupils are invited to wear their own clothes, but should come to school with crazy hair, or in a hat.
- Our ‘Christmas Jumper Day’ proved to so popular that School Council are already planning on doing it again this year. All money will be donated to ‘Save the Children’.
- Mrs Heath has used some of the funds raised last year to purchase some board games for wet play and Golden Time.
- School Council have written letters to Lego to see if they would be kind enough to donate some playsets for ‘inclusion’ in Literacy, as requested by Mrs Wallis.
We are very proud of our School Council. They are wonderful ambassadors for our school!
Magical Moments from previous years …