- Coming to school on time both at the beginning and end of the day
- Getting to know your child’s teacher so that you can share in their achievements and concerns
- Making an appointment if you need to talk at length about your child
- Attending all Parents Meetings/Curriculum workshops
- Reading at home daily with your child and taking an interest in homework
- Reading all letters that your child brings home
- Keeping us informed of any changes to circumstances which may affect your child in school
Our experience and research shows that effective partnership with parents is reflected in a more successful performance by children at school. We do make mistakes and there are misunderstandings but these can be reduced to a minimum if we keep in close contact and work together to put things right.
Parent Volunteers – At Dove Bank, we really appreciate the involvement of parents and other volunteers in school. Whether you can offer half an hour a week or a whole morning or afternoon, you are always very welcome to come into school and become involved with various learning activities.
We find tremendous value in Parent Volunteers helping in school however short a period of time. Help is needed to work alongside teachers in the following ways:
- To share books with children
- To play maths and language games
- To work in the library
- To work at the Book Fair (once a year)
- To work with groups of children for sewing, cooking and crafts
- To accompany classes on visits
- To work with children outside in the community garden area
Please let the office or class teachers know if you can help out with any of these activities.
As with work placement students, everyone working with children is subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
Parents are also warmly welcomed into school through formal invitations to parent’s assemblies, sports days, parent’s evenings and so on.
Download the ‘Volunteer Handbook’ to find out more.
Share & Listen – As part of our ongoing commitment to further improving communication within school, if you have any comments/suggestions re: the development of the school, we would invite parents to put forward their views constructively via email (email@example.com).
PPS Group – Dove Bank is fortunate in having a supportive parent group that is an integral part od the school community. The PPS Group (Parents, Pupils and Staff) work together to organise a variety of social, educational and fundraising events throughout the year, for both children and parents, and generates income which is spent on the provision of facilities, equipment and special activities to benefit the pupils at the school.
As a parent, you are automatically a member of this association and your thoughts and suggestions regarding activities will be more than welcome. Even if you are unable to commit yourselves regularly, a one off offer of help at an event, or a cake donation, is always appreciated.
If you would like to be involved, please do not hesitate to contact the school office for further information.
PPS Events 2016-17 .. Halloween Disco; Christmas Fair; Film Night; Summer Fair